|Department:||Warehouse (Bloomington Warehouse Only)|
|Location:||Bloomington MN Warehouse|
Distribution and Logistics Manager FLSA Status:
Under general supervision, oversee the Distribution Center customer service and order fulfillment operations including inventory, shipping, receiving, employee training, and seasonal/specialized project management.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
Shipping and Receiving
Warehouse Organization and Supervision
- Receive and ship products to locations according to RMS distribution system and current operational standards.
- Communicate distribution system and timely order fulfillment progress and/or areas of needed improvement to Distribution and Logistics Manager.
- Manage inventory receiving, packaging, distribution, stocking, and retail transfers.
- Resolve issues with daily store product requests with Assistant Buyer-Special Orders.
- Analyze and retain records of all outgoing courier and freight shipments.
- Manage secure shipping procedures and plan daily truck runs for efficiency and timeliness.
- Coordinate labor for on-time delivery of shipments and routing.
- Document and analyze distribution data points to monitor and improve department efficiency.
- Responsible for general cleanliness, organization, safety, and security of the Warehouse in accordance with Erik’s guidelines as directed by Distribution and Logistics Manager.
- Supply the Assembly Department with inventory utilizing RMS reports and current production goals.
- Schedule and complete warehouse inventory accurately using RMS physical inventory on a yearly cycle as directed by Distribution and Logistics Manager. Review, audit, and correct daily inventories related to receiving and stock picking.
- Manage changes to the warehouse layout and configuration to fit the current business needs as directed by the Distribution and Logistics Manager.
Other Job Functions
- Coordinate with Distribution and Logistics Manager to determine seasonal Warehouse staffing requirements.
- Make Warehouse staff termination decisions when needed
- Complete regular performance reviews of staff: 90 day for new hires, yearly for tenured.
- Actively utilize HR resources to document employee goals, expectations, and areas of improvement.
- Create customized Employee Growth Plans for Warehouse staff and actively coach for success.
- Create and implement training plans for Distribution employees related to job duties, certifications, and safety procedures.
- Performs related work as directed by Distribution and Logistics Manager
- Review and revise expectations for use of Distribution Department resources as needed with Distribution and Logistics Manager
- Maintain current personal equipment training certifications. Certify and document any and all Erik’s employee(s) that require special equipment training per job description.
- Act as Project Manager for unique seasonal, sale, expansion, and remodel projects. This includes but is not limited to: creating schedules, setting and reviewing production goals, and coordinating resources related to on-time completion.
- Previous experience managing staff and operations
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Related higher education in Logistics, Production, Project Management, or Business Administration preferred an/or related work experience.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- Strong computer skills and understanding of spreadsheet and word processing computer software programs.
- Excellent written communication
- Knowledge of budgeting cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Ability to train, supervise, develop, and evaluate the performance of Distribution employees.
- Strengths will include the ability to self-start, prioritize, manage time, problem solve, and create daily schedules to manage job duties.
- Existing, or the ability to obtain, knowledge of warehouse lift equipment and maintenance including trainer certification.
- Dedication to get the job done.
- Ability to work in, and direct, a high production distribution facility that is constantly adapting to retail business needs.
- Ability to be mobile and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.