Warehouse Assistant Manager
|Title:||Warehouse Assistant Manager|
|Department:||Warehouse (Bloomington Warehouse Only)|
|Location:||Bloomington MN Warehouse|
DescriptionWarehouse Assistant Manager
Warehouse Manager FLSA Status:
Under general supervision, oversee the distribution center customer service and order fulfillment operations including inventory, shipping and receiving functions, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
Shipping and Receiving
Warehouse Organization and Supervision
- Prepare and ship products to locations according to distribution system on RMS.
- Communicate issues with distribution system and timely order fulfillment to WHSE Manager.
- Manage inventory receiving, packaging, distribution, stocking, and retail transfer.
- Resolve issues with daily store product requests with Assistant Buyer-Special Orders.
- Manage secure shipping procedures and schedule truck runs for efficiency and timeliness.
- Assist and instruct Drivers with loading of shipments and routing.
- Responsible for general cleanliness, organization and security of the Warehouse in accordance with current Erik’s guidelines as directed by Warehouse Manager.
- Supply the Warehouse Assembly Department with inventory utilizing available RMS reports and current production goals.
- Able to act as Warehouse Manager On-duty.
- Manage performance of Supervisors, Team Leads, Warehouse Processors, and Warehouse Laborers.
- Direct Supervisors, Team Leads, Warehouse Processors, and Warehouse Laborers with daily task priority and shift completion goals.
Other Job Functions:
- Report seasonal Warehouse staffing requirements to Warehouse Manager.
- Actively utilize HR resources to document employee goals, expectations, and areas of improvement.
- Performs related work as directed by Warehouse Manager
- Review expectations for use of Warehouse resources as needed with Warehouse Manager
- Maintain current personal equipment certifications.
- 1 year of Erik’s Distribution experience or industry equivelent
- High School diploma or GED. 1-2 years of related experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- Working computer knowledge and software applications. Experience with Erik’s RMS system preferred.
- Ability to train and supervise performance of Warehouse employees.
- Prioritizing, time management, problem solving, initiative, and scheduling capabilities.
- Knowledge of light equipment and maintenance
- Shift flexibility. Early mornings, nights, weekends, and short-notice overtime required.
- Dedication to get the job done.
- Ability to work in, and direct, a high production distribution facility that is constantly adapting to retail business needs.
- Ability to be mobile and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. overhead repeatedly
- Exposure to various chemicals such as grease, cleaning solutions, and ski/snowboard cleaning and waxing agents.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications