|Department:||Office Staff (Bloomington Warehouse Only)|
|Location:||Bloomington MN Office|
System Administrator FLSA Status:
The MIS Technician is responsible for end user support, hardware deployment, network cabling, managing software updates and user backups. To be successful you must posses a wide range of technical knowledge, excellent time management skills, and the ability to research solutions to problems as needed. A high level of passion for the world of cycling is also a plus.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Install hardware and software, cable routing and other networking duties; facilitates installation and maintenance of company wide PC’s and printers and ensures proper functionality. Perform this work at the end user location when practical.
- Make recommendations for improvements as to the efficient use of company-wide information and telecommunication services.
- Maintain user support systems including backups and updates.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Be available for the Erik’s store help line when scheduled and respond in a timely manner.
- Log support issues, and utilize company means of communication to educate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in IT or at least one year of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with OS X, iOS, and Windows platforms.
- Help desk/line or related customer service experience.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties upon changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Responsible for cabling and termination of Ethernet, Telecommunications, CATV and various other structured wiring types, including the testing and troubleshooting of wiring problems.
- The ability to evaluate and make decisions based on measurable or verifiable criteria
- Adaptability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations, as well as preserving composure under difficult or stressful conditions.
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Dedication and flexibility to get the job done.
- Valid state issued driver’s license and positive driving record.
- Primarily in a traditional office setting.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
- Occasional driving to store locations.
- Flexibility to work a varying schedule including evening and weekends.
- Occasional overnight travel for multiple days.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications