|Department:||Assembly Department (Bloomington Warehouse Only)|
|Location:||Bloomington MN Warehouse|
Reports To: Assembly Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt SEASONAL
The Bicycle Assembler is responsible for the timely and accurate building of bicycles which will be sent to Erik’s Bike Shop, Inc retail locations and made available for customer purchase.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Department Performance
- The assembly of bicycles in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure understanding of customer expectations regarding new bicycles.
- Provide feedback to the Assembly Supervisor on ideas improve the department.
- Promote Erik’s mission, values, and standards.
- Department Operations
- Responsible for following all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean work area and assist in keeping the department presentable.
- Continually open to ongoing coaching and training to better yourself and the Assembly Department as a whole.
- Prior mechanical or assembly experience.
- Previous professional experience working with hand tools.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse population.
- Mechanically inclined and solid problem solving skills.
- Present a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to multitask and change focus as needed.
- Knowledge of computers and technology.
- Dedication to get the job done.
- Ability to stand, and use hands for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
- Exposure to various chemical such as grease and cleaning solutions.
This position profile is a representation of what is required for an employee to succeed. As company needs change, position expectations may change. It is expected that all employees complete any reasonable request that may not be listed in their job description. Employees who feel a request is unreasonable should contact Human Resources.